Monday, August 08, 2005

Family

Have you experienced a family reunion lately? Has it been many years since you have seen some members of your family?

I experienced a family reunion yesterday in the small community of Mt. Airy, LA. Two uncles, eleven grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren gathered at my maternal grandparents home. Though family attendance was not one-hundred percent, our combinded group of thirty plus two dogs shared plently of good food and fun.

Family members from New Hampshire impressed the rest with yummy BBQ cuisine. While I shared my discovery of yummy crawfish cornbread dressing with all. It was great to hear questions about my crawfish cornbread delight from family members who think that I cannot cook.

Though it is true that I am somewhat cooking-challenged, I can bake food from the frozen section of the grocery store.

I enjoyed the eucharistic family celebration. It was the second time we were able to get together since my mama went to her eternal reward last November. I found great consolation in the shared conversation and laughter.

Our family has experienced much loss, but we have found much support from each other. We have had a mixed share of happiness and grief. I thank God for my family. I have been blessed by each one of their smiles.

No comments: